Campos: Mourinho return ideal for Real Madridby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer AS Monaco sports chief Luis Campos believes Jose Mourinho should return to Real Madrid.Since his sacking at Manchester United, Mourinho has been linked with Santiago Solari’s job at Real.Campos is close to Mourinho and was sorry to see his demise at Old Trafford.“I was very disappointed by what happened,” said Campos. “He would have wanted to build a great project in England. I see him as the ideal man to manage Real Madrid. He might return at some point because he is a great coach.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Bournemouth fullback Stacey impressing skipper Francisby Paul Vegas22 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveBournemouth fullback Jack Stacey has impressed veteran teammate Simon Francis.Cherries signed defender Stacey from Luton Town in the summer for a fee of around £4million.Skipper Francis told the Daily Echo: “He’s been great, Jack.“He’s taken on board everything that the manager has thrown at him really. Pre-season he looked really fit, he’s a strong runner and him and Smithy have been battling it out at right-back.“He certainly impressed in training and in pre-season. I’m pleased for him, along with some of the other young lads as well.“They’ve had that career where they’ve started in the lower leagues and then built their way up and that’s great for confidence. It definitely gives you that hunger. It did for me and you also don’t forget where you’ve come from. You’ve played in the lower leagues so to be in the Premier League, I’m sure he’ll be chomping at the bit.”
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure has given an update on its geotechnical survey of the Old Fort landslide, which has grown to 8 million cubic metres in size.Ministry spokesperson Lisanne Bowness said that the main slide that began on September 30th and was previously estimated at 5 million cubic metres has now grown to around 7 million cubic metres.Another slide that is developing to the west of the main slide is approximately 1 million cubic meters, bringing the grand total of material that has moved in the past 12 days to approximately 8 million cubic metres. To put that into perspective, it took BC Hydro’s Site C main civil works contractor nearly three years to remove the same amount of material from the north bank of the Peace River Valley to stabilize that slope.By comparison, the 2014 mudslide that killed 43 people in Snohomish County, Washington was around 10 million cubic metres, while the largest landslide in Canadian history saw over 48 million cubic metres of rock race down the slopes of Mount Meager near Pemberton in 2010.In an email, Bowness said that alternate routes to access the community are currently being explored, and the ministry has mobilized road construction equipment to the area and is currently on standby.She added that while the equipment is ready to go, geotechnical engineers say that it is currently not safe to start construction on any of the options.The Peace River Regional District is providing frequent updates about the landslide situation on its website and Facebook page, and the Ministry said that it is advising residents to check there for further details on the evacuation order and on Emergency Social Services that are being offered.
OSU coach Urban Meyer and members of the OSU football team run into the field before the spring game on April 16 at Ohio Stadium. Credit: Lantern file photoOhio State coach Urban Meyer has a tendency to create a lot of buzz during the offseason with his recruiting classes. Monday, two more targets for the Scarlet and Gray announced their commitment to playing football in Columbus, further solidifying the strength and legitimacy of the 2017 recruiting class for OSU.When asked about the success of OSU recruiting this year, Meyer smiled and said, “I know I heard a big boom out there on the field today.” That boom, of course, was in reference to the commitments of two of the best receivers in the upcoming class, Trevon Grimes and Tyjon Lindsey.The Buckeyes now have 16 players from the ESPN 300 list, which is the highest total in the nation.OSU wide receivers coach Zach Smith understands the hype, but is not sold on everyone just yet. “Yeah, probably on paper,” Smith said when asked if this is the best class he has ever seen. “You never really know until they get here. But, it’s up there. That’s for sure.”Grimes, a five-star wide receiver from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, is ranked as the 15th best player in the 2017 class, according to the national composite ranking. The 6-foot-3 receiver hauled in 27 receptions for 496 yards and 7 touchdowns last season.Lindsey is the No. 1 overall player from Nevada according to 24/7 Sports. Dubbed a playmaking machine by many, Lindsey raked in over 1,000 yards receiving to go along with 14 touchdown receptions and two punts returned for touchdowns during his junior high school season. Now, with the additions of the two standout wide receivers, OSU has six five-star players coming to Columbus in 2017.The incoming of such a large magnitude of young players comes at a price for OSU. That price is 13 more players than scholarships allowed than by NCAA rules. “Our situation right now with how successful we’re doing in recruits and how tight we are on scholarships has really built competition just amongst the staff alone,” Smith said. “Like, you better bring in a big-time dude or we might not be able to take him, because somebody else has a big-time dude that might come.”Regardless of competition and limited spots on the roster left, the Buckeye coaching staff feels confident in the upcoming players and how the team will manage taking on so many new faces.
Real Madrid’s midfielder Dani Ceballos has admitted that he had no complaints regarding Zinedine Zidane’s treatment of him even as Real Madrid’s winning start to the LaLiga Santander season was dominated by his obviously great performance.Ceballos who is on the fringes of the Los Blancos team in his debut season in the Spanish capital hopes to be afforded many more chances to prove himself under Julen Lopetegui.“I have no complaints about Zidane, he made me more mature,” he explained in his post-match interview.The former Porto coach is renowned for his ability at working with young players after his spells with the Spanish youth teams, and getting the best out of Ceballosis one of his biggest tasks.Zidane reveals Sergio Ramos injury concern for Real Madrid Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Zinedine Zidane has put Sergio Ramos’ availability for Real Madrid’s trip to Sevilla next weekend in doubt after withdrawing him against Levante.“It was difficult after a whole year of hardly playing to gain confidence,” he admitted via Marca.“I have this chance based on my hard work.“I’m very happy and I couldn’t be prouder.”
The Dutch wonderkid loves playing football and he has taken his time to explain why he’s in love with the beautiful gameFrenki de Jong is making big headlines for AFC Ajax and the Netherlands national team.The young footballer loves the sport, and he shows this passion on the field.“When I am on the pitch I play on intuition but I think a lot about the game as well,” he told The Guardian.Report: Van der Sar staying at Ajax for now George Patchias – September 12, 2019 Edwin van der Sar will not be leaving Ajax to take up a job at Manchester United.In the last few days, one bookmaker suspended…“With my intuition, it is not just that I receive the ball and always think ‘I’m going to do this’ straight away, even though it just happens that way sometimes.”“Most good players play on intuition. Everyone has a little but I don’t know if you can learn it,” he explained.“Sometimes I’m planning. I’m always searching for the pass. I’m always looking to see my teammate. ‘Is he free?’ Then you already know what to do.”“But sometimes the situation can change. Then you have to react and use your intuition. I try to have a picture when I receive the ball and know where everyone is. That’s one of the most important things for a midfielder,” he added.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, November 14, 2016 – Police say they will take those three men in the Gary Mead murder to court tomorrow morning instead; a Provo wideelectricity failure forced a change in time to deal with the trio charged by Police with the brutal killing of the American investor and long time resident, Gary Mead.Among the charges are: possession of firearm and conspiracy to rob. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items: