Google+ Twitter WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Ross to be asked to reinstate Bunbeg Cliff rescue service 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North WhatsApp Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Pinterest Google+ Facebook Pinterest Homepage BannerNews RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry By admin – August 12, 2016 Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic A Donegal County councillor has requested a meeting with the Minister for Transport Shane Ross calling for the restoration of the cliff rescue service in Bunbeg.The service was withdrawn by Government as it was thought there was little need for it due to the lack of call outs.In recent months, the remaining equipment was also removed from the area.Councillor Micheal Cholm Mac Giolla Easbuig says with the huge increase in tourism, it’s vital the cliff rescue team is reinstated…………Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/bunbegrescue.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Previous articleMan who faked own kidnapping forgot to switch off phoneNext articleSean Connor says a north west derby is an easy game to motivate players admin
Sweden’s Oscar Floren carried on where he left off on Thursday as the Irish Open resumed in windy conditions at Carton House. Floren carded a flawless six-under-par 66 late in the first round to claim a one-shot overnight lead ahead of former champion Shane Lowry, Michael Hoey, Joost Luiten, Peter Uihlein and France’s Jean-Baptiste Gonnet. And the 29-year-old, who has a best finish of 25th on the European Tour this season, was quickly back among the birdies in the second round, picking up shots on the first and fourth to improve to eight under par. Press Association That increased his lead to two shots over Madeira Islands Open winner Uihlein, who had started on the other side of the course and birdied the 10th, with former Ryder Cup captain Jose Maria Olazabal a shot further back after two birdies and one bogey in his opening five holes. Hoey, whose opening 67 had come exactly a week after his wife Bev had given birth to their first child, had bogeyed the 11th to drop back to four under. Graeme McDowell, who said earlier this week that winning the Irish Open was on his golfing “bucket list”, was seven shots off the pace after an opening 71 and one birdie and one bogey in his opening four holes on Friday morning. And former world number one Rory McIlroy was even further down the leaderboard, the two-time major winner admitting to feeling “a little lost” after a first round of 74 that left him struggling to make the cut on Friday afternoon. Floren’s first bogeys of the week on the fifth and sixth dropped him back to six under par and allowed Uihlein to move into the lead with birdies at the 13th and 15th. At eight under par he led by one from Olazabal, who had birdied the 17th and 18th to reach the turn in 33, and Spanish Open winner Raphael Jacquelin, who had rolled in a hat-trick of birdies from the 13th.
The Saints advanced to the final by knocking off the University of Victoria Vikes in two games.The Vikes, with a pair of Nelson Leaf grads — forwards Carsen Willans and Linden Horswill — and a coach behind the bench who is a graduate from Nelson Minor Hockey —Harold Schamhart — made remarkable strides this season.The Vikes, with no less than 10 rookies on the roster, watched the Saints narrowly escape the first game in overtime — 4-3— before scoring two quick second-period goals to eliminate UVIC — 4-1— in game two.Both Willans and Horswill fit seamlessly into the Vikes squad.Willans finished the season with five goals and 14 assists for 19 points while Horswill scored four times and added 14 assists for 16 points.Both players played all 24 games for UVIC.The puck drops on Game One of the BCIHL Final at 7 p.m. at the Castlegar Recreation Centre on Friday night.Game Two will also start at 7 p.m. on Saturday and if necessary Game Three will be played on Sunday (time to be determined). The Selkirk College Saints are looking to become the first team in BC Intercollegiate Hockey League to capture three straight titles.The Saints host Simon Fraser Clan beginning Friday at the Complex in Castlegar.“Not in my wildest dreams would I have thought we would be in this position,” said Selkirk defenceman Lucas Hildebrand after Saturday’s game.“When I came here, I didn’t really know what to expect. This third year has really opened up my eyes to how great this program has become. Everybody has done such a great job, starting with [Selkirk College Athletics Director] Kim [Verigin] and [Saints head coach] Alex [Evin], it’s just incredible to be part of it and I’m loving every minute of it.”
Lasse Vigen Christensen and Bryan Ruiz struck in quick succession as Fulham fought from a goal down to lead at the break.Former Brentford midfielder Adam Forshaw put Wigan ahead from the penalty spot on nine minutes after Konstantinos Stafylidis conceded the spot-kick with a reckless lunge on Callum McManaman.It was Fulham’s inability to clear the danger that led to the goal with Marc-Antoine Fortune flashing an audacious attempt across the face of goal moments before.Fulham’s Hugo Rodallega then got on the end of a George Williams cut-back pass to deflect a shot onto the roof of the net before keeper Marcus Bettinelli denied the Latics a second, turning a fierce Fortune shot around the post.Midfielder Christensen did well to hold off Leon Barnett to meet a long ball from Scott Parker and drill the equaliser past Scott Carson on the half-hour.The goal sparked a flurry of chances for the Whites, with Rodallega testing Carson with a low shot before Ruiz met a Ross McCormack cross to chest the ball home from point-blank range.Fulham (4-4-2): Bettinelli; Zverotic, Bodurov, Burn, Stafylidis; Parker, Christensen, G Williams, Ruiz; McCormack, Rodallega.Subs: Kirlay, Hutchinson, Roberts, Woodrow, Dembele, Hyndman, David.Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
9 July 2012 Young proved on-point throughout the week, taking down top names, including former Mr Price Pro champion and world number eight Jordy Smith in the quarterfinals. The final day of competition culminated with the best swell of the waiting period as solid 1.5-metre, offshore conditions provided the idyllic arena for an action-packed day of world-class surfing. American Nat Young posted his best result of the year, sharing third after reaching the semi-finals, where he was narrowly defeated by Hall, with 14.50 to 14.67. “It was an awesome contest. I’ve been coming here since I was 18 and the waves are always insane. I love coming here and I can’t wait for next year.” SAinfo reporter South Africa’s Smith and Travis Logie placed equal fifth after the pair was eliminated in the quarterfinals. Hall’s victory comes off the back of a stellar competition season for the Irishman, which has seen him winning a four-star event in China, followed by a runner-up finish at the ASP Prime Lowers Pro at Trestles, California. His consistency has seen him rocket from 27th to 16th on the world rankings. Hall held his composure throughout the 35-minute final to secure victory. He opened with an excellent 8.33 (out of ten) before waiting until the final minute to regain his priority, which earned him more than the required score to snatch the win from Curran with a 6.67 back-up ride. A standoutCurran proved a standout throughout the week, revealing the depth of his surfing repertoire with a combination of airs, barrels and carves, but suffered a disappointing defeat in the final after losing priority and gifting the Hall the win. “Nathaniel is an amazing surfer and I was pumped to have a final against him. It was always going to be a tough heat, but I’ve learnt never to be content with second and to always push for more until you’ve won.” “It’s still a long road ahead and I’m just going to keep trying and see where I end up,” Hall added. After taking down some big names, including South African hopeful Travis Logie in the quarterfinals, followed by ASP world number four Adriano De Souza of Brazil in the semi-finals, Curran’s runner-up finish sees him jump from 96th to 42nd in the world rankings. Convincing winsAdriano De Souza showed exactly why he is the world number four, posting convincing heat wins all week, as well as the highest individual wave score of the event, a 9.50 against Brian Toth in the quarterfinals. In the end, he finished equal third. Brian Toth and Jack Freestone joined the South African duo with equal fifth place results, with Toth being defeated by De Souza, and Freestone falling to the eventual winner Hall. Ultimately, he won the heat by 15.00 to 13.67 (both out of 20.00). “It still feels great to get a result,” Curran said. “I’ve been struggling for a year-and-a-half, so I’m stoked to make the final. Australian-born Irish surfer Glenn Hall secured the biggest win of his career on Sunday, beating American Nathaniel Curran in the final to lift the ASP Prime Mr Price Pro Ballito title at Willards Beach in Ballito on South Africa’s KwaZulu-Natal north coast on Sunday. ‘I was just praying for a wave’“It’s the biggest win of my career by far. I kind of felt like if you got the wave out there you could get the score and I was just praying for a wave at the end,” Hall said. Would you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See: Using SAinfo material
Tata Motors has cut the prices of its compact car Indica eV2 by Rs 23,000 with the launch of a refreshed version, at a time when other auto makers have either raised their product rates or are mulling to do so.”Tata Motors today launched the refreshed Tata Indica eV2… The Tata Indica eV2 has been made even more economical with a reduction in price by Rs 23,000,” the company said in a statement.The price range now starts at Rs 4,01,162 for the base variant and goes up to Rs 4,87,619 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the top-end variant, it added.The company claims that the India eV2, powered by a 1,396 cc common rail diesel engine, gives a mileage of 25 kilometre per litre of fuel.”The car is also available with an MPFI petrol engine to provide customers with a wider choice. Both the engines are compliant with Bharat Stage IV emission norms,” it added.Some of the changes that the company has made in the refreshed version include new exteriors, stylish headlamps, new front bumper, integrated stop lamp and alloy wheels.Tata Motors’ move to reduce prices of one of its existing models by introducing a new variant is in contrast to other car makers including Honda Cars, Maruti Suzuki, General Motors and Audi India, who have wither raised the prices of their vehicles or in the process to do so, mainly due to adverse rupee movement.Honda Cars India has raised the prices of its three models — Brio, Jazz and City — by up to 2.6 per cent with effect from October 1.The country’s largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India had also said it would hike the prices of its vehicles and it was working out the details.General Motors India had said it would increase the prices of all its models from October 1 to offset the impact of rising input costs and currency fluctuation.Luxury car maker Audi had hiked the prices of its sports utility vehicle Q3 by up to two per cent, translating into an increase of Rs 50,000, from this month.advertisement
UNCOVERED: Juventus mega offer to Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramseyby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveJuventus’ offer to Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey has been revealed.The Wales international is in demand with his contract at the Emirates Stadium up in the summer and Gunners’ chiefs having pulled their renewal offer earlier this season.Juventus chief Fabio Paratici has already confirmed the Serie A leaders’ interest.And according to Gazzetta dello Sport, the Turin giants have already made their offer known to Ramsey.It’s claimed that Ramsey has been offered a five-year deal worth up to £6.3million per year AFTER tax.The Welshman would be handed a base salary of £5million, topped up with another £1.35million if he plays 70 per cent of the club’s matches. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
APTN National NewsHe’s only caught the public’s attention in the past couple of years, but he’s been preparing for this moment his whole life.He’s up for one of the highest honours at this year’s Aboriginal Peoples Choice Music Awards.APTN National News reporter Amy Stretten caught up with him recently during his visit to Winnipeg to shoot his latest video.
GRANDE PRAIRIE, A.B. – Two people are in police custody after allegedly leading police on a pursuit near Grande Prairie yesterday.On Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at approximately 11:00 a.m., RCMP were called to a report of a suspicious man whose vehicle was stuck in a ditch near the community of Webster.The caller reported the man was behaving erratically and left on foot with a female passenger. A 35-year-old man and a 16-year-old girl were arrested and remain in police custody.Police say that charges are pending and an update will be provided when more information is available. Witnesses then saw the suspects flee the area on a quad. Police attempted to intercept the quad but were unsuccessful.Police say they learned that the truck in the ditch was previously stolen, while the quad was reported stolen soon after police encountered the suspects.Moments later, a third report of a stolen truck was relayed to police.Police quickly located the vehicle and repeatedly attempted to arrest the suspects, one of police learned was a dangerous offender.The suspects continued to evade police and RCMP enlisted air support and members of the Emergency Response Team in Edmonton, along with officers from the Spirit River and Dawson Creek detachments.The vehicle was located from the air and collided with two police vehicles before coming to a stop near Bonanza.