Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ MOST READ DAY6 is for everybody Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Already good for silver, Delarmino shoots for Muay Thai gold Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours LATEST STORIES Lyceum star CJ Perez (left) and Perpetual’s Flash Sadiwa are left suspended in midair during a loose ball scramble. —AUGUST DELA CRUZMake no mistake about it, Lyceum is far from satisfied from just clinching a Final Four berth in NCAA Season 93.Pirates coach Topex Robinson immediately set loftier goals for his team after a 94-83 whipping of Perpetual Help secured a first postseason appearance on Thursday at Filoil Flying V Centre in San Juan.ADVERTISEMENT Mos Burger to open in Manila; teases with a pop-up “I guess the boys really want to be in this position, contending for a Final Four (spot),” said San Sebastian coach Egay Macaraya. “Hopefully, everybody will step up so that we’ll have a better chance.”Perpetual Help dropped to 4-8, sharing seventh spot with Arellano, while St. Benilde moved to the brink of early elimination by slipping to a 3-10 card.The Pirates needed a late push to hold off the Altas, who once again drew a big game from Prince Eze, who had 26 points and 20 rebounds.Mike Nzeusseu, CJ Perez and JC Marcelino combined in a strong finishing kick that boosted the Pirates to a first Final Four appearance with five games to spare.Perez sizzled for 21 points, while Nzeusseu added 15 points to match JV Marcelino’s output and Spencer Pretta came off the bench to chip in 12 points, all from three-pointers.ADVERTISEMENT It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson In ‘Jojo Rabbit,’ Comedy and Drama Collide How to help the Taal evacuees OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene The Pirates still have their work cut out for them if they want to sweep their remaining matches that will actually guarantee a finals berth along with a thrice-to-beat bonus in the championship round.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next “If we’re goal-oriented, our goal is not just to make it to the Final Four but we have to go beyond that,” said Robinson, after the Pirates extended their historic run to 13 games.“It (making history) is really important to us, but if we could go further, I guess that’s what we’re aiming for. Again, you cannot be fat and happy just making it to the Final Four.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSFederer blasts lack of communication on Australian Open smogLater, San Sebastian continued its Final Four push with a 73-61 drubbing of St. Benilde to forge a three-team tie for fourth spot.Renzo Navarro fired 16 points, while Michael Calisaan chipped in 11 points as the Stags improved to 6-6, tying Letran and Emilio Aguinaldo College. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments
Angelica Forde, the woman who was intercepted at the Eugene F Correia International Airport with cocaine strapped to her body last week was on Tuesday jailed for four years and fined .2 million, the estimated street value of the illicit drug.Angelica FordeThe sentence was handed down by Magistrate Zamina Ally-Seepaul at the Sparendaam Magistrate’s Court.The woman, who pleaded guilty to the offence on Monday, was being charged along with her husband, James Forde who pleaded not guilty.They were both charged for the offence which stated that on June 15, 2016, at the Airport, Ogle, East Coast Demerara, they had in their possession three kilograms of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking.However, the husband told the Court on Monday that he was not involved.His wife backed his claim, telling the Court on Monday: “I am really sorry. It’s my stuff. No one else was involved.”However, he was denied bail and remanded to prison until July 15, 2016.According to reports, the woman was scheduled to board a LIAT flight destined for Barbados and another to travel to the United States of America (USA).The woman was seen acting in a suspicious manner and upon inspection was found with the narcotics on her person.However, investigators believe that the woman’s husband, who is a taxi driver, was instrumental in encouraging her to carry the cocaine.
A Number 51 Village, Corentyne, Berbice man is now dead after being hit by a car which sped from the scene of the accident on Sunday evening.Dead is 26-year-old David Charles Murray.David Charles MurrayReports are that about 19:30h on Sunday, Murray had just finished a prayer session for a sick resident and had stepped out of the home when he was struck. The incident occurred five houses away from Murray’s home.According to eyewitnesses, the car which struck Murray was travelling at a fast pace. Relatives told this publication that Murray went to the neighbour’s house to offer a prayer for her since she was sick.Police have since taken an overseas-based Guyanese into custody for questioning after they received information that he might have been the driver of the car that struck Murray. However, investigations are continuing.Residents say Murray was an ardent churchgoer.He leaves to mourn his parents, three brothers and five sisters
Ivorians are once again reporting cross border violence on their soil.This time it reportedly involved at least four Ivorian soldiers and several attackers who were killed when suspected gunmen crossed over from Liberia and raided a border town in the west of Ivory Coast on Sunday, February 23.There have been reports that gunmen from Liberia have carried out several assaults on towns near the border in recent years. The Ivorian government and the United Nations have blamed those acts of violence on allies of former president Laurent Gbagbo of La Côte d’Ivoire.Ivory Coast, the world’s top cocoa producing nation, is recovering from a decade-long political crisis that culminated in 2011 in a brief civil war after Gbagbo refused to accept his election defeat to present President Alassane Ouattara.Ivory Coast’s defense minister Paul Koffi Koffi told Reuters that the latest attack took place early on Sunday in the small town of Grabo, but the situation was now under control.“They attacked a border post. We had to pull back. UN troops intervened to support us,” Koffi Koffi said. “What is clear is that the situation is now under control.”The Reuters News Agency quotes him as saying that several attackers were killed but he did not have an exact death toll. The news organization said local authorities and residents reached by telephone told them that at least four Ivorian soldiers were killed and three gunmen were arrested.Yaya Coulibaly, a parliamentarian from Grabo, said he was told by the local army commander that four soldiers died.“I’m in contact with the mayor who said that the situation was returning to normal but there was still some tension due to sporadic gunfire that is still being heard,” Coulibaly said.Grabo resident Ouattara Do, a director of a local cocoa cooperative, said the attack occurred around 4 a.m. local time after the assailants crossed over from Liberia.“They attacked the local gendarme post and the army camp. They were pushed back with the help of the United Nations forces in Ivory Coast,” Do said.President Ouattara is recovering after an operation in a French hospital this month. Gbagbo is awaiting trial at the International Criminal Court for suspected crimes against humanity during the war, in which around 3,000 people died.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
DONEGAL Daily Weather Report, in association with The Mount Errigal Hotel, Letterkenny, Tel 07491 22700. It’s Josper Monday – order a Josper Grill inspired main course and get a delicious homemade dessert FREE – today at Dexter’s at Mount Errigal Hotel. Monday’s Donegal Weather: After another superb weekend, there will be a great deal more cloud across the county today. It was start dull in most places, the odd shower, especially in the north of the county.Temperatures by the afternoon will reach around 15C, so it is staying mild. And we might get some sunny spells between very light afternoon showers.It will become cold on Monday night as temperatures drop to around 6C in coastal areas and as low as 3C inland.Sources: Met eireann, BBCNI, Sky. DON’T FORGET: It’s Josper Monday – order a Josper Grill inspired main course and get a delicious homemade dessert FREE – today at Dexter’s at the Mount Errigal Hotel. Great food and great service – in all weathers! Tomorrow Monday will be dry in most areas for much of the day with sunny intervals. However well scattered showers will affect mainly inland areas during the afternoon and evening. Highest temperatures of 14 to 17 degrees with light variable breezes.CLOUDIER, SHOWERS: THE DD MONDAY WEATHER REPORT WITH THE MOUNT ERRIGAL HOTEL was last modified: April 27th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:clouddonegal daily weatherletterkennyMount Errigal Hotelshowerssunshine
Donald Trump is sensationally odds-on to become the next President of the United States of America. If you’re waking up this morning to this news, you’re not having a nightmare, this is real – and it now looks very, very likely now that Donal Trump will become the most powerful leader in the free world.The Republican candidate stormed to victory in the battleground state of Florida and is now the bookies’ favourite to win the Presidency. The billionaire Republican won the Sunshine State to open up a possible path to the White House.He also won the crucial swing states of Ohio and North Carolina and is now the hot favourite to defeat his rival Hillary Clinton.Trump’s campaign was built on xenophobia with one of his popular policies among his supporters is the idea of him constructing a wall to keep Mexican’s out.The same xenophobic rhetoric worked for Nigel Farage and his UKIP Party in the UK – when they surprisingly forced through Brexit – and it has repeated itself in the race for The White House. Unbelievably, the Republican Hispanic vote has actually increased this time out, since Mitt Romney ran in 2012.It looks almost like a formality now that Donal Trump will become the next President of the United States.Well done America. You’ve surpassed yourself yet again.Is this a joke? It looks like America has ‘trumped’ for Donald! was last modified: November 9th, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
After the resignation of Shankersinh Vaghela as Leader of the Opposition, in another setback to the Congress in Gujarat, three of its legislators, including its chief whip, resigned from the party on Thursday and joined the BJP ahead of the elections to three Rajya Sabha seats.Those who resigned were chief whip in the Assembly Balwantsinh Rajput, Tajashri Patel and Prahlad Patel.A few more MLAs are likely to tender their resignations on Friday, said sources.Leadership criticisedAll the three MLAs criticised the Congress leadership for the infighting and indecisiveness and said they would like to join the development journey started by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.Third candidateAccording to BJP insiders, Mr. Rajput is likely to be fielded by the BJP against Ahmed Patel, the lone Congress candidate for the Rajya Sabha.“Balwantsinh will be the third Rajya Sabha candidate of the BJP, besides party president Amit Shah and Union Minister Smriti Irani,” a party leader said.Mr. Rajput is a senior Congress legislator and is related to Mr. Vaghela, who has split the party ahead of the Assembly elections. With the resignation of three legislators, the Congress’s tally in the 182-member House has shrunk to 54.This makes the Rajya Sabha election a high-stake battle for Mr. Ahmed Patel, Congress chief Sonia Gandhi’s political secretary. “It has become a high-stake battle now because Amit Shah and Shankersinh Vaghela have joined hands to make the sailing difficult for the trusted aide of the Nehru Gandhi family,” a political insider told The Hindu.Two MLAs of the Nationalist Congress Party and the lone member of the JD(U) have supported the nomination of Mr. Patel, but the exit of a large number of legislators from his own party makes the battle a tightrope walk for him.In the recent presidential elections, as many as 11 Congress legislators reportedly defied the party mandate and voted for BJP candidate Ram Nath Kovind.
SHARE SHARE EMAIL × India complete 3-0 series sweep against Sri Lanka The panel, led by former captain Sanath Jayasuriya, came under pressure after Sri Lanka were beaten 3-0 in the home test series. File Photo – Reuters 1/2 COMMENT Published on COMMENTS The panel, led by former captain Sanath Jayasuriya, came under pressure after Sri Lanka were beaten 3-0 in the home test series. File Photo – Reuters 2/2 Sri Lanka’s entire five-man selection panel will step down en masse after the current limited overs series against India following protests over the team’s slump in form, they said in a statement on Wednesday.The panel, led by former captain Sanath Jayasuriya, came under pressure after Sri Lanka were beaten 3-0 in the home test series against India and it intensified when the tourists took an unassailable 3-0 lead in the ongoing five-match ODI series.Irate fans have staged protests over the team’s poor form and some of them hurled water bottles to hold up play in Sunday’s ODI against India at Pallekele.The statement“(We) have decided after serious consideration and deliberation to resign from our position at the end of the ongoing Indian series,” the lengthy statement opened. “We wish to state this decision is made in the best interest of the game, which is being damaged and hindered by undue criticism and false allegations instigated by interested parties with malicious intent.“The heartbreaking incidents of unruly behaviour we witnessed at Pallakele last Sunday were the last straw for us, and we feel that it will serve this sport we love better if we step down, rather than allow the influence of these dark elements to poison the minds of our people …”Angelo Mathews stepped down as Sri Lanka captain from all formats last month after they succumbed to their first ODI series defeat against Zimbabwe.Dinesh Chandimal was put in charge of the test team, who were whitewashed in the test series by India and now face similar humiliation in ODIs against their neighbours.Sri Lanka are currently ranked seventh in the world in test cricket and eighth in the 50 and 20-over formats, in both of which they have won World Cups.The selectors have been accused of lacking vision and making frequent changes to the squad but Jayasuriya has blamed their struggles on a spate of injuries that have plagued the side over the last 12 months.“We leave with tears in eyes, but with our heads held high as we know that Sri Lanka Cricket is working to a very defined and strategic plan, building from the foundation upwards,” the statement concluded.“We wish to thank every single Sri Lankan who loves this game as much, and even sometimes maybe more than we do, for their undying support and passion, and to remind them, it’s always darkest before the dawn.” August 30, 2017 India beat Sri Lanka by six wickets to seal ODI series cricket Irate fans have staged protests over the team’s poor form and some of them hurled water bottles to hold up play in third ODI against India on Sunday. Ground staff collects bottle threw by Sri Lankan fans on to ground during the third ODI between India and Sri Lanka at Pallekele on August 27. – Reuters Ground staff collects bottle threw by Sri Lankan fans on to ground during the third ODI between India and Sri Lanka at Pallekele on August 27. – Reuters RELATED Sri Lanka SHARE Ground staff collects bottle threw by Sri Lankan fans on to ground during the third ODI between India and Sri Lanka at Pallekele on August 27. – Reuters The panel, led by former captain Sanath Jayasuriya, came under pressure after Sri Lanka were beaten 3-0 in the home test series. File Photo – Reuters
England: England: Royc de Kock b Abbott 43 Hales lbw b Abbott 17 Stokes c Morris b Rabada 15 Rootc Miller b Rabada 83 Morgan b Duminy 12/ Buttler st de Kock b Imran Tahir 21 Ali not out 12 Jordan c Duminy b Abbott 5 Willey run out 0 Rashid not out 0 Extras: (LB-2, W-20) 22Total: (for 8 wickets in 19.4 overs) 230 Fall of wickets: 1-48, 2-71, 3-87, 4-111, 5-186, 6-219, 7-229, 8-229 Bowling: Rabada 4-0-50-2, Steyn 2-0-35-0, Abbott 3.4-0- 41-3, Tahir 4-0-28-1, Duminy3-0-31-1, Morris 3-0-43-0. PTI AH AH
Mommy-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan is raising the style stakes for every pregnant woman out there and her recent appearances were no different.Also read:Mommy-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan is also the mother of these iconic trendsThe stunner managed to dress her baby bump in two completely different looks, both of which will leave you asking for more pictures. For the press conference of the launch of Prathima Hospitals in Hyderabad–an event for which she was also accompanied by her husband, actor Saif Ali Khan–the actress chose to give the #girlboss vibe in a chic top and skirt pairing topped with a striped black long jacket. A gold arm party–we mean the stack of accessories adorning her wrist–seems to have become Bebo’s go-to accessory fix these days.Picture courtesy: Instagramemail@example.com Nude makeup, a braided ‘do, jewels from Minerali and pointed toe heels added the perfect finishing touches to her look.Picture courtesy: Instagram/@kareenakapoorkhanbegum Also read:Is Kareena’s sexy pregnancy style inspired by Kim Kardashian?Another event for Pristine Estate, had the actress sporting a gorgeous gold and black sharara from Sukriti and Akriti.Picture courtesy: Instagram/@poonamdamania Finished with baubles from Satyani Fine Jewels, Bebo totally looked like the Chotti Begum that she is!Picture courtesy: Instagram/@poonamdamania Did you like one look more than the other? Let us know in the comments.